IN THE QUIET EVENING HOURS
An elegiac piece for alto flute and piano.
- 3 minutes
- For Rachel Smith
This is a digitally generated extract.
This piece is a good piece for me to introduce alto flute to my students. Your piece will be the third piece played by my student during her ALCM exam in April 2018. The melody is very suitable for alto flute. Your …in the quiet evening hours is a brilliant work for alto flute. It suits the range of the instrument and is reasonably technically demanding for young performers. My sincere thanks for your work. We enjoy playing this piece very much.
Victor Man-Yiu Ho, Director of Music, South Hong Kong Island Youth Concert Band – emails to composer: 14 November 2017 and 14 March 2018
- 7 August 2009 at St Lawrence Jewry Church, next Guildhall, London EC2. Rachel Smith (flute)
- 24 June 2017 St Peter’s Church, Barrowden, Rutland UK. Rachel Smith (alto flute)
- April 2018 – final piece in an ALCM flute performance diploma at the Studio of Ho Man-yiu,Victor, 188 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong Plaza, HK Western. Chun Nicole Wai Yan (alto flute) with LCM examiner Andrew McManus.
- Summer 2019 – final piece in an ALCM flute performance diploma at the Studio of Ho Man-Yiu, Victor. South Hong Kong Island Institute. Koo Chi Yung (alto flute) with examiner Tim Rogers.
- Winter 2019 – part of an ALCM flute performance diploma at the Studio of Ho Man-Yiu, Victor. The candidate was examined by Hugh Sutton.