ABIGAIL'S JIG FOR FLUTE & PIANO
A lively piece for flute and piano combining the atmosphere of an Irish jig and cowboy music!
- 2 minutes, 45 seconds
- For Abby
This is a digitally generated extract.
- Published in ‘Music’ GCSE Revise Guide: Longman 1990 (1st imp, 1st ed): 1992 (2nd imp; 1st ed): 1993 (2nd imp; 2nd ed): 1994 (2nd imp; 2nd ed): 1995 ( 3rd imp; 2nd ed): 1997 (3rd ed): 2000 (3rd imp; 3rd ed)
- Published by Forton Music (December 2016) in Cameos for flute and piano (FM 617) with Cantilena and Five Short Pieces
- 30 September 1987 St Christopher School, Letchworth (Herts, UK), Simeon Wood (flute)
- 10 May 1988 St Christopher School, Letchworth, (Herts, UK), Simeon Wood (flute)
- 9 June 1995 Plinston Hall, Letchworth. Concert with The Welwyn Garden City Male Voice Choir. Ayako Hasegawa (flute) in an arrangement (by the composer, piano) with Minako Tsuchihashi (violin)
- 8 June 1996 ‘Carfax’ Broadway, Letchworth (Herts, UK), Ayako Hasegawa (flute)
- 2 April 1998 Fitzwilliam College Chapel, Cambridge (UK), Abby Lambert (flute)
- 10 May 2001 St Helen’s School Northwood (Middx, UK), Emma Kelsey (flute)
- 24 June 2017 St Peter’s Church, Barrowden, Rutland (UK) Rachel Smith (flute)
- Summer 2019 – Music Studio of Man-Yiu Ho, South Hong Kong Island Institute. Koo Chi Yung (flute) ALCM Diploma examination, with LCM examiner Tim Rogers.
- Winter 2019 – Music Studio of Man-Yiu Ho, South Hong Kong Island Institute. ALCM Diploma flute examination, with examiner Hugh Sutton.